Vacancy - Communications Manager
The European Community Shipowners’ Associations (ECSA) is looking to recruit a full-time Communications Manager who will contribute to the association’s engagement strategy with the objective to raise the profile of European shipping as a sustainable and responsible industry.
ECSA is the umbrella organisation of the national shipowners’ associations of the EU and Norway. European shipowners control around 39.5% of the world’s shipping fleet. ECSA’s prime task is to represent the interests of the European shipping industry with the institutions of the European Union.
- Develop and implement ECSA’s new communication strategy, especially in relation to the climate crisis, the energy transition of shipping and the contribution of shipping to the European economy;
- Translate ECSA’s policy priorities into clear, engaging messages for our targeted audiences;
- Ensure effective delivery of ECSA’s policy messages, especially through digital campaigns and social media engagement as well as through press releases and publications;
- Maintain and expand ECSA’s media outreach to Brussels-based and international media;
- Support the policy team in their outreach activities;
- Coordinate the work of ECSA’s Communications Working Group and internal communication activities such as ECSA’s weekly bulletin.
You are a passionate, creative and driven communicator with:
- A relevant academic degree and between 3 and 7 years of relevant experience in similar communications role;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex issues for non-expert audiences in verbal, written and digital form;
- Proven experience in media outreach and engagement, including managing media enquiries and issue management;
- Demonstrated expertise in digital communication, including social media management and creative digital campaigning. Knowledge of online designing tools will be considered an advantage;
- A good understanding of the EU’s political context and communication landscape. An established network with Brussels-based and international media and relevant stakeholders will be considered an asset.
- Native-level English proficiency. Knowledge of other languages is welcomed;
- Strong time-management and organisational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
We offer a full time job in a dynamic, international and flexible working environment with a permanent contract and a competitive remuneration package. The salary is dependent on the level of experience.
You can apply by sending a short motivation letter and full CV to email@example.com Please also include with your application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission and suitable applicants may be contacted for interview prior to the closing date. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
ECSA is an equal opportunity employer.