The European Community Shipowners’ Associations is the umbrella organisation of the national shipowners’ associations of the EU and Norway. European shipowners control around 40% of the world’s shipping fleet. ECSA’s prime task is to represent the overall interests of the European shipping industry with the institutions of the European Union. The organisation operates from Brussels, where it employs a dedicated team of nine people.
For immediate start, we are looking for a (m/f)
Policy Advisor Communications (Brussels)
As Policy Advisor Communications, you will conceptualise and develop a communications strategy for ECSA. Therefore, you will lead an international working group of ECSA members. You will also execute concrete actions, with assistance of the ECSA secretariat.
Important aims are to support ECSA’s activities regarding European policy making that is supportive to the European shipping industry and to boost the image of the European shipping industry as a sustainable and responsible industry. The following tasks will be part of your range of responsibilities:
Developing ECSA’s communication strategy and the formulation of concrete action points;
- Coordinating of the international communication working group;
- Contributing to and ensuring the execution of the communications strategy and the action points;
- Building and maintaining a relevant network in Brussels at the European institutions;
- Preparing of press releases, articles, brochures and regular internal documents for members;
- Assisting other staff members for PR tasks;
- Responsible for ECSA’s website, twitter and other social media.
- You hold an academic degree and at least 5 years of practical experience in a similar position;
- You are experienced in translation an organisation’s mission and vision statements into a communications strategy plan;
- Proven expertise and knowledge of social media;
- Proven expertise and knowledge of drafting press releases, articles and so on and so forth;
- Understanding of the functioning of the European institutions and EU policy making;
- Strong time-management, organisational skills and ability to coordinate several tasks at the same time;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English. Being fluent in different other EU languages is an advantage;
- Others describe you as a strong communicator.
We are offering a varied and responsible fulltime job in a dynamic, international and flexible working environment as well as a comprehensive remuneration package.
Interested? Send Charlotte Poelvoorde of Acerta Career center, Charlotte.Poelvoorde@acerta.be, your full CV, explaining why you may be the man or woman for the job. More information? Call Charlotte Poelvoorde at 0479 93 38 35.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.