Director Maritime Safety and Environment
For immediate start, we are looking for a Director Maritime Safety and Environment.
Monitoring of and contributing to EU policy and legislative developments in the field of maritime Environmental Affairs.
- Contribute proactively to technical and policy discussions at EU and international level (e.g. CO2 Monitoring Reporting and Verification, CO2 reduction strategy, ship recycling, etc.);
- Prepare ECSA policy position papers and develop lobby actions;
- Take account of the sometimes conflicting positions of other relevant stakeholders and incorporate them when formulating the ECSA policy and lobby strategy;
- Build and maintain an extensive network with technical and policy staff from other European as well as International partner associations;
- Build and maintain an extensive network with the technical and policy staff of European Institutions (e.g. DG MOVE, DG ENV), IMO and Member States to ensure that the interests of the European shipping industry are taken into account in rule and policy making.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in a similar position.
- In-depth understanding of the functioning of the European institutions and EU policy making.
- Academic degree for example in maritime studies, engineering, law or political science.
- Being able to find common ground when positions differ between the stakeholders, by being analytical, creative, able to make a distinction between major and minor points and by being politically sensitive
- Strong time-management, organizational skills and ability to coordinate several tasks at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing in English. Being fluent in different other EU languages is an advantage.
- Be a positive, pragmatic person and a strong, concise communicator with the ability to translate technical and environmental issues in comprehensive language, both in writing and speaking.
- Inspirational working environment in a dynamic trade association.
- Challenging position with corresponding responsibilities.
- A competitive salary and a set of additional benefits.
- A full time position.
Interested? Send your full CV to Acerta Career center, Charlotte.Poelvoorde@acerta.be, explaining why you may be the man or woman for the job. More information? Call Charlotte Poelvoorde 0479 93 38 35.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.